What is an internships?
Internships are volunteer positions in the agency. Interns may perform many duties in a model and talent agency including answering phones, filing or scanning talent pictures, assisting with the uploading of pictures and resumes onto our web site, assisting our staff at open call, and/or processing new contracts and applications into the model and talent database. Interns may assist model bookers by calling talent to inform them of an assignment, or run agency errands.
The advantages of internship include:
- Learning the logistics of talent agency work
- Learning the basic aspects of marketing
- Learning about customer service and customer communication
- Learning about the fashion, electronic/print media and entertainment industries
- Receive a Letter of Recommendation specifying your abilities and contributions
Other advantages include:
- A fast paced work environment
- Meeting lots of creative people
- Loose, fun team of bookers
- Exposure to more modelling and theatrical opportunities
Students who wish to, may also apply for internship. AFFINITY internships may be useful to students studying marketing, public relations, communications, film & television, fashion marketing, entertainment law, photography or business administration.
Outgoing, assertive personalities are best suited to the fast-paced environment of a talent agency. Flexibility and quick thinking are absolutely required. The talent agency environment doesn’t allow much time for training so an intern must be a quick study.
Finally, interns must have a willingness to perform work that does not appear glamorous (filing, data processing, etc.). Commitment: Three months minimum. Interns may volunteer to work one or more days a week.
You can apply for internship by mailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org